Dissonant Art Music
last remains of empathy
clotted into sounds
Jeanne Strieder [ʒan ʃtriːder], born 1980 in Germany, is a composer and artist. Her music has its origin in both the european modernism and current forms of contemporary music, as well as the achievements of cultures outside of europe. She is also interested in innovative forms of the underground music scenes, e.g. metal and glitch. The music she writes, exclusively depicts inner processes, being an expression of emotional, intellectual and philosophical content, conveyed just through the music itself.
The interest in working cross-borders also showed up on her internationally acclaimed Metal ensemble “Coma Cluster Void”, which combines the instrumentation of modern metal with the techniques of contemporary music.
As an artist, she is working with digital, traditional and mixed media.
As a producer, she worked with renowned artists of the metal scene.
Her music is performed around the world, in e.g. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and USA.
A selection of pieces
for Violin, Viola and Violoncello (2011), 4'30"
premiered by zero theorem (Minsi Yang - Vl, Stephen Upshaw - Vla, Patrick Tapio Johnson - Vlc) at DIVAContemporary 2015, Beaminster UK
for Soprana and Violoncello (2015), 8'00"
Comissioned by DTKV
premiered by Irene Kurka and Ehrengard von Gemmingen at Schwartzsche Villa Berlin 2015
(Alto Recorder, Violin, Violoncello, Bass Clarinet - 2014), 6'30"
Comissioned by Umbratono Ensamble
premiered by Umbratono (Sylvia Hinz, Rec/ Antonio Rosales, Bcl/ Julián Martínez Vázquez, Vl/ Natalia Perez, Vc) at the Goethe Institute Mexico
for Bass Recorder, Violin, Violoncello (2014), 9'00"
Comissioned by Sonic 3.0 Festival
premired by XelmYa (Sylvia Hinz, Rec/ Alexa Renger, Vl/ Ehrengard v. Gemmingen - Vc)
at Sonic 3.0 Festival Kopenhagen 2014
for (Guitar Solo (2010/2013), 5'30"
premiered by Carlos Eduardo Bojarski ; September 26th, 2013 in Buenos Aires
for Viola Solo (2014), 7'00"
Comissioned by Sonic 3.0 Festival
premiered by Shasta Ellenbogen at Sonic 3.0 Festival Kopenhagen, 2014
for Piano Solo (2004/2012)
premiered by Eliza McCarthy
at Occupy the Pianos Festival, 2015
List of Compositions
- verbunden (2018) for Oboe, Tenor Recorder, Violin and Violoncello
- hinab (2013-2018) for Sub Double Bass Recorder
- bleed down black (2013-2018) for Tenor Recorder
- decessio (2015-2017) for Oboe, Violin and Bass Recorder (listen)
- Scherben (2015) for Soprano and Violoncello (listen)
- message II (2014) for Viola Solo (listen)
- obscured light (2014) for Bass Recorder, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- to abandon oneself (2014) for Alto Recorder, Bass Clarinet, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- sunken contour (2013) for Bass Recorder and (String-)Piano [in revision] (listen)
- inked into silence (2013) for Bass Clarinet, Violoncello and Double Bass (listen)
- ... ins Dunkel geschlagen (2012) for Bass Recorder, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- message (2012-2014) for Viola Solo (listen)
- fractured4 (2012) for Violoncello Solo (listen)
- Literatura Oscura I (2011) for Violin, Viola and Violoncello (listen)
- Canto (2011) for String Sextet [in revision]
- Haptische Schatten (2010) for Violoncello Quintet [in revision]
- 4 erloschene Bilder (2010-2013) for Guitar Solo (listen)
- Fenster (2004-2017) for Piano Solo (listen)
- Langsamer Satz (2004) for String Quartet
- Unbenannt (2003) for String Sextet [in revision]