Dissonant Art Music
last remains of empathy ~ clotted into sounds
Jeanne Artemis Strieder [ʒan ɑːrtɪmɪs ʃtriːder] is a composer and artist.
The purpose of her work is to create solace and compassion for the invisible suffering of the many and the few. The results are individual aural bodies that seek connection with those who experience darkness.
The origins for her musical mind was found by her at an early age in the european modernism, the achievements of cultures outside of europe and the innovative forms of the underground music scenes (e.g. metal, noise, glitch).
Her artistic endeavours also include her internationally acclaimed Metal ensembles “Coma Cluster Void” and "Infinite Nomad", which combine the instrumentation of modern metal with her techniques of dissonant art music. As an artist, she is working with digital, traditional and mixed media. As a producer, she worked with renowned artists of the metal scene.
Her music is performed around the world, in e.g. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Mexico, Sweden, United Kingdom and USA.
A selection of pieces
for Violin, Viola and Violoncello (2011), 4'30"
premiered by zero theorem (Minsi Yang - Vl, Stephen Upshaw - Vla, Patrick Tapio Johnson - Vlc) at DIVAContemporary 2015, Beaminster UK
for Soprana and Violoncello (2015), 8'00"
Comissioned by DTKV
premiered by Irene Kurka and Ehrengard von Gemmingen at Schwartzsche Villa Berlin 2015
(Alto Recorder, Violin, Violoncello, Bass Clarinet - 2014), 6'30"
Comissioned by Umbratono Ensamble
premiered by Umbratono (Sylvia Hinz, Rec/ Antonio Rosales, Bcl/ Julián Martínez Vázquez, Vl/ Natalia Perez, Vc) at the Goethe Institute Mexico
for Bass Recorder, Violin, Violoncello (2014), 9'00"
Comissioned by Sonic 3.0 Festival
premired by XelmYa (Sylvia Hinz, Rec/ Alexa Renger, Vl/ Ehrengard v. Gemmingen - Vc)
at Sonic 3.0 Festival Kopenhagen 2014
for (Guitar Solo (2010/2013), 5'30"
premiered by Carlos Eduardo Bojarski ; September 26th, 2013 in Buenos Aires
for Viola Solo (2014), 7'00"
Comissioned by Sonic 3.0 Festival
premiered by Shasta Ellenbogen at Sonic 3.0 Festival Kopenhagen, 2014
for Piano Solo (2004/2012)
premiered by Eliza McCarthy
at Occupy the Pianos Festival, 2015
List of Compositions
- the teeth within the chasm (2019) for two Guitars
- for my being, I am (2019) for 22 Solo Strings in two groups
- verbunden (2018) for Oboe, Tenor Recorder, Violin and Violoncello
- hinab (2013-2018) for Sub Double Bass Recorder
- bleed down black (2013-2018) for Tenor Recorder
- decessio (2015-2017) for Oboe, Violin and Bass Recorder (listen)
- Scherben (2015) for Soprano and Violoncello (listen)
- message II (2014) for Viola Solo (listen)
- obscured light (2014) for Bass Recorder, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- to abandon oneself (2014) for Alto Recorder, Bass Clarinet, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- sunken contour (2013) for Bass Recorder and (String-)Piano [in revision] (listen)
- inked into silence (2013) for Bass Clarinet, Violoncello and Double Bass (listen)
- ... ins Dunkel geschlagen (2012) for Bass Recorder, Violin and Violoncello (listen)
- message (2012-2014) for Viola Solo (listen)
- fractured:epode (2012) for Violoncello Solo (listen)
- Literatura Oscura I (2011) for Violin, Viola and Violoncello (listen)
- Canto (2011) for String Sextet [in revision]
- Haptische Schatten (2010) for Violoncello Quintet [in revision]
- 4 erloschene Bilder (2010-2013) for Guitar Solo (listen)
- Fenster (2004-2017) for Piano Solo (listen)
- Langsamer Satz (2004) for String Quartet
- Unbenannt (2003) for String Sextet [in revision]