Catenation first evolved 1996 and released some cassette tape releases over the first years, went on a hiatus for some time, and was remodelled in 2012 featuring the artists Sylvia Hinz and Jeanne Artemis Strieder.
They combine live performance, improvisation, visual and audio art.
Their unique music can be described as a mixture of industrial, metal, doom, noise and ambient.
Catenation use the following instruments: recorders (from soprano to sub double bass), electric bass guitar, electric guitar, old tape machine, defect cassette recorder, voices, welding machine, driller, piano, prepared piano, percussion, 386dx computer with fm-soundcard, violin, wrenches, hammers, effects, distortion, ...
- "Rooms 01-05" (March 2020)
- "shrouded matter" (planned for late 2020)
- Sylvia Hinz and Jeanne Artemis Strieder
- Guests: Lindsay O'Connor (Lyrics and Vocals - vocalist for Coma Cluster Void and Eyes Of Perdition, also appeared on Doom Eternity Soundtrack), Alexa Renger (Violin), Freddi Börnchen (Oboe)
Album: rooms 01-05 [deep wounds]
Live at Unison Sessions (2020)
Live at SoundsLikeTHIS (2018)
Recent Live Events
- BERN - TBA
- ONLINE - SET presents: Unison Livestream Sessions: May 24th, 2020 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS (Support for PLAID): March 13rd, 2020 (LINK)
- ANTWERP - Catenation at Integrated 2019: Wednesday, 6 November 2019 (LINK)
- BERLIN - Catenation with Reanimation Orchestra: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: Saturday, March 17, 2018 (LINK)