Catenation combine live performance, improvisation, visual and audio art.
Their unique music can be described as a mixture of industrial, metal, doom, noise and ambient.
Catenation use the following instruments: recorders (from soprano to sub double bass), electric bass guitar, electric guitar, old tape machines, defect cassette recorders, voices, welding machine, driller, piano, prepared piano, percussion, 386dx computer with fm-soundcard, violin, wrenches, hammers, effects, distortion, ...
- "Rooms 01-05 [deep wounds]" (March 2020)
- "Rooms 06-?? [shrouded matter]" (planned for 2021)
- Sylvia Hinz and Jeanne Artemis Strieder
- Guests: Paulo Dantas (Electronics), Lindsay O'Connor (Lyrics and Vocals - vocalist for Coma Cluster Void and Eyes Of Perdition, also appeared on Doom Eternal Soundtrack by Mick gordon), Alexa Renger (Violin), Freddi Börnchen (Oboe)
Album: rooms 01-05 [deep wounds]
KILL THE APP feat. Paulo Dantas
Next Concert: Live in Bern
Live at Unison Sessions (2020)
Live at SoundsLikeTHIS (2018)
Random Noise 2020-07-01
Recent Live Events
- ONLINE - Currents FM Stream (TBA, 2021)
- ONLINE - KILL THE APP: Virtual residency period with financial support of the Goethe Institut
- BERN - IGNM Bern - Catenation live at Dampfzentrale Bern: September 16th, 2020 (LINK)
- ONLINE - SET presents: Unison Livestream Sessions: May 24th, 2020 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS (Support for PLAID): March 13rd, 2020 (LINK)
- ANTWERP - Catenation at Integrated 2019: Wednesday, 6 November 2019 (LINK)
- BERLIN - Catenation with Reanimation Orchestra: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: Saturday, March 17, 2018 (LINK)