Catenation first evolved 1996 and released some cassette tape releases over the first years, went on a hiatus for some time, and was remodelled in 2012 featuring the artists Sylvia Hinz and Jeanne Artemis Strieder.
They combine live performance, improvisation, visual and audio art.
Their unique music can be described as a mixture of industrial, metal, doom, noise and ambient.
Catenation use the following instruments: recorders (from soprano to sub double bass), electric bass guitar, electric guitar, old tape machine, defect cassette recorder, voices, welding machine, driller, piano, prepared piano, percussion, 386dx computer with fm-soundcard, violin, wrenches, hammers, effects, distortion, ...
- "Rooms 01-05" (Feb 2020)
- "shrouded matter" (planned for 2020)
- Sylvia Hinz and Jeanne Artemis Strieder
- Guests: Lindsay O'Connor (Lyrics and Vocals), Alexa Renger (Violin), Freddi Börnchen (Oboe)
Recent Live Performance
Recent Live Events
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: March 13rd, 2020 at 7:30pm (LINK)
- ANTWERP - Catenation at Integrated 2019: Wednesday, 6 November 2019 at 17:45 (LINK)
- BERLIN - Catenation with Reanimation Orchestra: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 8:30 PM – 10:30 PM (LINK)
- UK - Catenation at SoundsLikeTHIS: Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 1 PM – 2 PM UTC (LINK)